Let’s start of with something for everyone:
- Philip Bowring writes a very short, level-headed view of how our country is doing. He says we’re looking good for now.
I’m researching for a piece on the future of Philippine education. Some interesting reads I encountered:
- James Wheildon shares his insights from visiting a Philippine public school which reminds him of his London roots in more ways than one. He points out the clear lack of funds, but also the deep resilience of the people.
- Dr. Romulo Virola of the NSCB reviews some statistics about Philippine education and then gives us some good news and bad news. Other interesting pages from NSCB here, here and here.
- Tony Montemayor talks about raising kids in ‘a one-world environment’ or how education is really a holistic process and not the assembly line it seems to be.
- The Education Nation is upon us! Read here and here. Butch Hernandez then has a lot more to say about it.
Now to bring them all together in a little piece, but not until I’m done with the season finales of How I Met Your Mother and 24. 😀